Inst. for Agric. Research

Brief History
Programmes / Units
Research
Customers / Clients
Services Rendered
Staff Strength
Contact Us

Institute for Agircultural Research

Brief History

The Institute for Agricultural research (IAR), Samaru was established in 1924 as the research division of the Department of Agriculture for the then Northern Provinces of Nigeria. IAR was formally transferred by law to the newly established Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) on October 14, 1962. With the Federalization of the University in 1975, the IAR was established in accordance with statute 14 of the University. Since its establishment, IAR has been the bed-rock of crop research and improvement in the savanna region of Nigeria.

director deputy director secretary

Professor Shehu G. Ado
Director

Dr. Balarabe Tanimu
Deputy-Director

Mrs. A. A. Mahadi
Institute Secretary